Listen Alone; This Time

Guess what? MunSTeRina has published   homemade something this week. In collaboration with somebody... Jeng jeng jeng jeng... ListenAlone. ...

Guess what? MunSTeRina has published  homemade something this week. In collaboration with somebody...
Jeng jeng jeng jeng...
ListenAlone.
It She's a beautiful author alright. She's smart, witty and brilliant. However she's very shy with her work. She does not want people to read her story. She even went to the extent of threatening me hgh. Anyway i'm not breaking promise or anything (since i'm not showing the story), so note that missy.

This Time.

the finalized book cover after 4 drafts.

Yep, you're so smart. The cover is by MunSTeRina*head held high*... The truth is, i spent a night to complete them. Or maybe i should say the whole morning, early in the morning, from 12am. I slept at 6.15am that nightmorning. This is my first alright. I'd never slept at 6.15am before ever.

ListenAlone sacrificed more in fact. She'd been spending 2 weeks plus to complete the story which consist of 8 chapters. In order to finish everything in time, she even skipped classes tsk tsk tsk. Then she needed to send the chapters to me so that i can edit them. So literally we were super tired. It's never an easy job. Furthermore, during that time, i was busy with my gramp's funeral so i barely slept at all. (can't sleep actually) Anyway, we managed to finish everything just in time with our cooperation. There goes 2 sleepless night to do that. On the day of the birthday, I printed them, she binded them. Together we're undefeatable wahahahaa~high 5 LA(lazy to type her name...ListenAlone, you are temporarily LA)!

This project started in late March. It happened like this. One fine day, ListenAlone suddenly had the thought of writing a book for  her beloved friend as a birthday gift.( aww, she's such a good friend. it made me so jealous) and voila! She started writing the story and when she finished her prologue, she approached me and asked me to be her story illustrator. I was surprised, no, flattered by the request so i gave my best in this project. Do you know why we did not just simply buy something nice and give her but made a book instead? I don't know. It was LA's idea. But it's worthy i guess since i learned a lot from this plus, my English do improved.(good one)

okay, enough for the complaining section.(yikes) Now let me show you some of our hardwork. 
First, the illustration part. The book was compiled with illustrations in the last few pages. I'm also quite embarrass with my work actually. So, i'll just show you one. Just one.
The protagonist, Rosette's illustration.

And the difficult part. The process of making a book is fun yet tiring. I printed them like endlessly and the void copies can be stacked into another book wt*. My heart ached looking at that.
And the sewing part. Ask ListenAlone. She sewn the book thread by thread. Poor girl.
See how tedious the job could be.

And the cover. We wanted to make a hard cover. LA analyzed about a way to do it for a night until she loss a few of her hair...ok just kidding but it's never easy.

the hard cover. and my slender hand. 

When the book was finally ready, we were actually not ready to be parted from it. It has became our baby these few days. Still, at the end...

we presented the book to our friend and she was very touched (i think). Our friend said she was gonna cry but no tears flow out from her eyes. She covered her face. Ok, maybe i'm slightly disappointed but still, i'm very glad that she loved  it. That day, we finally accomplished our mission. No more sleepless night.

But, more sleepless night for my trial exam next week.(shitty).
Never revise since i'm so busy with the project. I'm doomed.

namo amitabha.

You Might Also Like

0 Bo Peep(s)

Flickr Images